Banana & Caramel Bread
- 1/2 cup of soften non salted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose non-bleached flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/2 cup of sour cream + 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of clear corn syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cream 35%
- 75 ml of non salted butter (5 tablespoons)
- pinch of sea salt
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar with the flex edge paddle.
- Add the egg and the vanilla. (Each one separately).
- Add the dry mixture and sour cream mixture. Alternating between both.
- Add the banana and pecans. Mix by hand with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into buttered molds (3 small rectangular molds).
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes (place a toothpick in the center if it comes out clean it is fully cooked).
- In a pan, heat the sugar, water and corn syrup. Make a caramel without mixing until it reaches an amber color.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and cream in a pan.
- Remove the caramel from the stove and incorporate the cream and butter mixture. Watch out for splashing.
- Add sea salt to taste.