- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick of butter)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose non-bleach flour
- 1 1/6 cup oatmeal (oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 30 grams of candied ginger
- 50 grams of white chocolate
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- While still beating, add the egg and then the vanilla.
- Mix in another bowl the dry ingredients: flour, cardamom, bicarbonate and the pinch of salt.
- Measure the oats in a cup and cut in small pieces the white chocolate and the candied ginger. In order to remove the stickiness of ginger, mix it with dry ingredients.
- Add the oats, the white chocolate, mix dry ingredients with ginger to the wet mixture and then incorporate by hand.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to place the cookie dough on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes (20 minutes if you decide to make big cookies).
The perfect cookies for Santa!