- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 potatoes pureed
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- a big 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
Chocolate Cream filling:
- 250 grams of cream 35%
- 1 teaspoon of clear corn syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 30 grams of milk chocolate (Jivara from Valrhona)
Place the cut potatoes in a pan with a little bit of water and salt to cook them.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the stove and remove the water, then add in the milk and butter. Puree the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, the vanilla pod, the nutmeg and the eggs.
- Add the pureed potatoes to the sugar and egg mixture.
- In another bowl, mix together the the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet one a little at a time, until a pizza dough consistency is achieved.
- Mix together our magical ingredients which are the vinegar and the baking soda in a small bowl. Add to the dough.
- Place a plastic wrap on top of the dough and let the dough rise for at least an hour.
- Place flour on your working surface and knead the dough until the consistency is similar to pizza dough. Roll out you dough the the desired thickness (we do about 5 mm).
- Cut the donut with cookie/donut cutters.
- Fry the dough at 350°F in the fryer. To achieve the perfect consistency we cook for 3 minutes on one side and 2 on the other.
- In a saucepan, heat half of the cream with corn syrup and vanilla.
- Pour over the chocolate and let stand 1 minute.
- Emulsify with a whisk and add the other portion of cream.
- Cover directly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Sift and then beat the cream with the mixer until soft peaks form.
- After frying your little gingerbread man and rolling them in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon, use the end of a piping tip to make a hole and fill them with the chocolate chantilly.
Happy Holidays & Bon Appétit