- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 French shallots
- 1 cup of carrots cut
- 500g chopped pork
- 400g chopped veal
- 1000g lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 420g of potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of jamaican pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/2 cup of panko
- 2 cups chicken broth 30% less sodium
- sage leaves to taste
- 750g all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups cold butter
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt with grilled spices
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Put the oil, butter and shallots chopped in a saucepan over high heat.
- Add the carrots then cut, all kinds of meat and the same pan.
- Add the meats and salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium then, added all the spices as well as the panko.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and then add chopped potatoes and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- With the food processor, mix the butter, flour, salt and sugar. It is important not to mix too much to keep some small pieces of butter.
- Add eggs and milk and mix until a dough forms
- Divide dough into 3, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Mix together both ingredients
- Heat the dough with you hands and roll out to desired thickness. Place the dough in the bottom of you mold
- Place the meat mixture in the middle.
- Repeat step 2 for the top layer.
- Decorate as you wish!
- Brush the egg wash on top of your pie to make it golden brown.
- Cook for an hour at 375°F.