For 6 benedicts
Béchamel sauce with maple:
1. Cook the celeriac in the liquid until tender.
2. Then, reduce to a fine puree by adding just enough liquid cooking liquid.
3. Rinse the chopped potatoes in cold water until the liquid is clear, then drain on paper towels.
4. Mix the potatoes with the beaten egg, cheese and spices, then add just the right amount of celery purée to form pancakes. Yield of about 6 patties.
5. Put them in the covered refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
6. In a large deep pan, heat the oil to 190C and fry the patties about 4 minutes each side. The pancakes can be prepared in advance, refrigerated and then baked at 375°F for about 10 minutes.
1. Arrange asparagus side by side on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
2. Sprinkle with a little olive oil, then add the fleur de sel and pepper to taste.
3. Roast under the grill a few minutes, stirring a few times.
4. Cut the asparagus into three and set aside.
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and gently place the eggs with a spoon of metal.
2. Cook for 5-6 minutes, making sure to keep broth.
3. Remove the eggs from the water and place them in a bowl of ice water.
4. Let them temper and put in the fridge for at least an hour.
5. Remove the eggs from the water and gently break the shell to peel them. It is then possible to keep the peeled eggs in a bowl of water in the refrigerator, then it will be enough to warm them 1-2 minutes in simmering water before serving !!
1. Cook 8 slices of pancetta between two sheets parchment paper on baking sheet at 350°F until crispy texture.
2. Using paper towels, crumble the pancetta into a crumble. Set aside.
Bechamel Maple Sauce:
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
2. Mix flour and maple sugar and add with a whisk, off the heat, with melted butter.
3. Put back on the heat and cook, stirring with the whisk for 1 minute.
4. Pour the milk and whisk until thick. Add the spices.
On a plate, place a patty of potatoes, add the asparagus pieces to cover the cake. Place a soft-boiled egg on the bed of asparagus and garnish with pancetta crumble. Sprinkle with maple bechamel sauce.
January 21, 2020