Valentine's Day may be over but there's always a place for red velvet waffles!
- 25mL of lemon juice
- 205mL of whole milk
- 205mL of sour cream
- Buttermilk (whole portion made which is about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix together the ingredients for the buttermilk and put aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- Melt the butter and let cool. Beat together the eggs in a bowl and slowly add the cooled melted butter, buttermilk. vanilla extract and food coloring.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients in the wet mixture in 3 rounds.
- Cook the waffles in your waffle maker, top with fresh fruits and maple syrup!