Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice!
No better way to celebrate fall than with an apple & pumpkin themed dessert. These little desserts have been so popular on Instagram and TikTok recently that I've decided to create my own version using International Delight pumpkin spice coffee creamer. I used their sugar free version which is limited edition since I was already adding sugar in the recipe but you can use the regular version as well. They offer a variety of creamer options for Canadians who need to add delicious flavor to their coffee and they are excited to bring Canadians even more of the famous Pumpkin Spice they crave for less. Their products are available at IGA, Walmart, Provigo, etc. I've decided to use it not only in my coffee but also in my favorite fall treat of the year: Apple Roses.
1. In a bowl, add 3 cups of cold water and half a lemon.
2. Thinly slice the apples and add them to the lemon water to prevent them from browning.
3. In a small cup, mix together the soften butter, cinnamon and brown sugar until homogeneous.
4. Spread out the puff pastry, roll into a rectangle about 5mm thick.
5. Cut into 6 pieces (in either direction works, on the vertical will require less work in sealing the though, you simply need to fold it once the filling is one. Cutting horizontally will require you to seal it from the bottom using the extra dough).
6. On each piece add a bit of the cinnamon sugar filling and then line the thinly sliced apple pieces on the top half of the dough making sure the peal is facing out and the pieces of apple overlap each other a little
7. Starting from one end, slowly roll the pastry and seal the end.
8. Place in a greased muffin tin.
9. Brush the pumpkin spice coffee creamer on top of each apple rose and sprinkle some sugar on top.
10. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. (You can brush more creamer and add more sugar at the halfway mark and also turn your baking tray to ensure all roses are baking evenly.
11. Dust with icing sugar once cold and Enjoy!
December 18, 2022