165 grams of white chocolate (Ivory from Valrhona)
raspberries (about 1 cup)
1 passion fruit
simple syrup (1/2 cup of sugar + 100 grams of water + 50 grams of lemon juice, lightly heated)
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F), butter and flour 2 small 6 " round pans.
Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla with mixer until bleaching (5 min).
Heat the butter, milk and lemon juice until the butter is melted.
In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt, then add to the egg mixture, alternating with the milk.
Spread evenly in the molds and bake for about 35 minutes. Let cool and unmold.
White Chocolate Chantilly :
In a saucepan, heat half of the cream with corn syrup, 2 star anise and vanilla.
Pour over the chocolate and let stand 1 minute.
3. Emulsify with a whisk and add the other portion of cream.
4. Cover directly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
5. Sift and then beat the cream with the mixer until soft peaks form.
Mix raspberries with the passion fruit.
Damp with the simple syrup and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
1. Spread the cream (chantilly) on top of a cake and add a generous portion of the fruit mixture.
2. Cover with the second cake.
3. Glaze the cakes with the cream (chantilly) then decorate to your liking. We decorated ours with a daisy, licorice from the Danish company Lakrids (passion choc coated licorice) and with small candies from the Spanish company Papabubble (product similar to the Montreal company Candylabs).
January 21, 2020
A Foodie since forever, follow me on my journey to find the best restaurants & coffee shops around the world and in my hometown Montreal.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form